Goddess Touch's Discussions (12)

Discussions Replied To (12) Replies What's new on the Block

"They had me laughing!! Thanks for the humor in my day!! Seems like counseling is nee…"

Goddess Touch replied Feb 16, 2012 to Relationships & Communication!!

3 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by Goddess Touch

"Jealousy is poison to a relationship. It seems to be cute at first. Then your mate s…"

Goddess Touch replied Jun 21, 2011 to Is A Little Bit of Jealousy Healthy In A Relationship??

5 Jun 27, 2011
Reply by WonderLove

"This is so true... If you aren't willing to be a freak for your man, He will find so…"

Goddess Touch replied Mar 19, 2011 to What you want do, Someone else will

79 May 13, 2012
Reply by WonderLove

"I would say I am Spiritual. All I want is to be loving like god and see the spirit w…"

Goddess Touch replied Feb 18, 2011 to Would you consider yourself Spiritual or Religious?

22 Feb 18, 2011
Reply by Goddess Touch

"Sex on the First Date; NOT GOOD!!! Unless, you don't want anything serious!!!  Even…"

Goddess Touch replied Feb 2, 2011 to Talking About Sex On A First Date: Good or Bad Idea??

18 Feb 12, 2011
Reply by Dee Hill

"Perfect Sex is a combination of things working synergistically. First is setting the…"

Goddess Touch replied Jan 10, 2011 to THE PERFECT SEX!!!

9 Jan 10, 2011
Reply by Goddess Touch

"That is great!!! Big Ups To King Moody!! Your daughter will have that memory for a l…"

Goddess Touch replied Jan 10, 2011 to What a daddy will do for his girl!!!

7 Jan 15, 2011
Reply by Lyrical Beauty

"Happy Birthday Mister Moody!!! My Present to you is a free Massage just hit me up to…"

Goddess Touch replied Jan 28, 2010 to HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. MOODY!!!!

5 Jan 28, 2010
Reply by Goddess Touch

"Well it happens to be both, become complacent that is!!! The Women feel over worked,…"

Goddess Touch replied Jan 4, 2010 to Do Women Become Complacent After Marriage????

15 Jan 4, 2010
Reply by Goddess Touch

"First and foremost all my neighbors are funny as hell. Second the discussion is word…"

Goddess Touch replied Sep 30, 2008 to 40 dollars!

8 Sep 30, 2008
Reply by mr.moody

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Young, Black, and Fabulous

Fashion Designer Michael Costello RESPONDS To Racial Slur Accusations + Meagan Good & Chad Coleman To Star In “Law & Order: SVU” Domestic Violence Episode

photo mcmel.png

Fashion designer Michael Costello has issued a statement regarding the controversy following an Instagram post. He allegedly called a commenter the N-word and the screenshot has been making its rounds. Now, he claims someone simply has it out for him. 

Also, get the deets on Meagan Good and Chad Coleman joining "Law & Order: SVU" for a new episode on domestic violence. More inside…

“Project Runway” designer Michael Costello (who has created designs for celebs such as Beyonce, Ashanti and Tamar Braxton to name a few) is responding to racial slur allegations allegedly made by the designer responding to a commenter on Instagram.

A little backstory…. Budding designer Maxine James (creating looks for her Ellaé Lisqué line) took to Instagram recently to air out her frustrations upon learning Michael Costello allegedly stole her design. Apparently, Michael purchased a dress she designed and posted a picture of it on his IG without crediting her, passing it off as his own design.

In an IG post Maxine wrote (and deleted):

“When I received pymt from @mtcostello @michaelcostello a week ago I was lost for words… excited but a TAD confused … I called wubs like ‘wow my favorite designer just purchased a dress from me wow he wants a dress from little ol me?!’ Like this man makes dresses for freakin BEYONCE and he just bought a dress from me!” a week later This happens he literally bought my EXACT dress … Put it on HIS model took pictures in HIS showroom as if he designed this piece his self.

It’s so disheartening I couldn’t help but shed a tear… Him as a designer should know first hand how heart breaking it is for ppl to take something you worked so hard on …..It’s like why? Who does that? I mean we ALL get inspired from some where but it is completely unfair to take someone’s EXACT design and EXACT dress at that and claim it as your own…. @michaelcostello You are already a well-known designer you design dresses for TOP celebrities… Why would you do something so low?

I put so much into my brand … I eat sleep breath it… I paid for so many mistakes while making this design I went through so much to make it perfect …for it to fit perfectly… patterns..grading …cut… Production …photo shoots ALL OF THAT and you literally take my EXACT DRESS and claim it as your own … I tried to reach out to you and you block me ? Like seriously … It’s extremely disheartening I TRUELY did look up to you as a designer…you were one of my favorites….I hope this lasts you for a life time … because God will never continue to bless someone who does evil malicious things like this…. Period.”

And Michael Costello's sister Stephanie, who is also his creative partner, responded:

“There has been a recent accusation that MT Costello posted a picture on our Instagram account of a dress that was purchased from another designer. The image was later reposted by the same designer and included a caption stating we had bought the dress and were attempting to rebrand it as our own. As the co-designer of MT Costello, I feel it is important to address this matter and provide an explanation to all affected by the issue. I, Stephanie Costello, purchased the garment in question due to the apparent similarities between it and a gown that Michael Costello and I designed that was posted on social media over a year ago.

Regretfully, my emotions became involved when the dress arrived and, driven by frustration, proceeded to photograph the dress on a model in our showroom as a sarcastic and inappropriate attempt to expose the designer’s garment as a forged duplication of our own. I did not, nor ever intended to sell the item as a MT Costello product. As a business we take duplicated work very seriously as it affects our ability to support employees, interns and families. Michael and I work diligently on our gowns adding signature cuts and silhouettes unique to the MT Costello brand.

As designers we grow attached to our creations and I reacted emotionally before considering the effect it would have on the public and the brand. I realize that my attempt to expose the designer and the garment was extremely unprofessional and for that I apologize. I ask for your understanding and forgiveness for my emotionally driven reaction. I have learned a valuable lesson from this experience and fully intend to address similar situations in the future more professionally. Sincerely, Stephanie Costello.”

Fans started to criticize Michael for the alleged theft and that’s when Michael allegedly responded to a commenter, allegedly calling them a “n*gger” while name dropping Beyonce. He allegedly wrote:

photo costellopic.jpg

“Your Just probably a dumb n*gger defending her. I am royalty bitch! I dressed Beyonce! Who are they gonna believe!”

This definitely didn’t sit well with fans, so they bashed him for his alleged comment AND for stealing the other designer's design. Fans have been protesting on IG for Beyonce to boycott his designs. Even former model/John Legend’s wife Chrissy Teigen commented on the shadiness saying:

photo chrissymc.png

Bloop!

Now, in an effort to clear his name, the couture designer has released a statement claiming the offensive screenshot of him allegedly using the n-word is fake! He claims it was photoshopped and he has never used racial slurs. He explained:

Recently, a falsified image has circulated depicting Michael Costello using a derogatory racial slur. The image was created using image editing software and in no way depicts the views of Mr. Costello. ​

“I have never used, and would never use, racial slurs,” Costello expressed. “The hurtful screenshot circulating is fake and does not represent my views on society, nor do I condone the use of such a terrible term. I have worked my whole life to further the cause of equality. Diversity is the very foundation that Michael Costello (the brand) was built upon. I am deeply upset and I am struggling to understand why someone would try to tarnish my reputation by creating a fake screenshot of me using a derogatory term.”

The image of concern was distributed by an Instagram account that has continually harassed and slandered Costello in an attempt to defame his character. His family, brand and employees have all fallen victim to attacks from the account. It is believed that a disgruntled intern, who is no longer employed with the company, created the account. “Fortunately, Instagram has been very cooperative in working with Mr. Costello to delete accounts created by the people who created the false picture and who are attempting to disseminate it,” said Neama Rahmani, Michael Costello’s attorney at West Coast Trial Lawyers.

“Mr. Costello and his attorneys will continue working with Instagram and the legal system to bring these cyber bullies to justice.” As our investigation in the matter continues updates with further information will be released. #michaelcostello

Hmm...who do you believe?

In television news...

photo meaganchad.jpg

“Law & Order: SVU” loves depicting real life events in their series. And with all of the recent media attention surrounding professional football players being involved in domestic violence cases, it’s no surprise that they are visiting the topic…again.

Last month, “SVU” did an episode combining the Ray Rice incident, Donald Sterling fiasco and the Solange/Jay Z elevatorgate scandal into one episode. Now, for an upcoming episode, they will be portraying an ex-sports star turned reporter accused of assaulting his girlfriend.

TLAM2 star Meagan Good and “The Walking Dead” actor Chad Coleman will be starring in the November 19th episodetitled “Spousal Privilege.” Despite photographic evidence of the abuse, the case becomes complicated when the couple tries to keep the charges under the radar.

‘Spousal Privilege’ explores the personal and legal complexities of this intractable problem.  Will you be watching?

Photos: Getty/Michael's IG/@costello_mendez

VIDEO: Keyshia Cole Hits The Beach With Daniel Gibson Jr. In "Remember (Part 2)" + Chief Keef DROPPED From Interscope, CONFIRMS Via Twitter

photo keyshia-cole-son.jpg

Little Daniel Gibson Jr. co-stars with his mommy, Keyshia Cole, in her new video "Remember (Part 2)".  Watch the video inside and see Chief Keef's confirmation that Interscope dropped him!  

For her "Remember (Part 2)" video, from the Point of No Return disc (in stores), Keyshia Cole stars alongside her son Daniel Gibson Jr. where she picks up the pieces and deals with the end of a relationship (e.g marriage). 

Because we know about the messy breakup with her hubby Daniel Gibson, it's slightly painful to watch her sing about the divorce while on the beach with her son. SMH....the ballad of a single mom.  Your heart will go out to her and little Daniel.

If the goal was to tug on the heartstrings...mission accomplished! As she sing the words,

"All the things you said, I gotta get you out my head
Cause you're tryin' to make me believe
That you're the only one for me yeah
Something don't seem right though
Cause we argue all the time and we fuss and fight
It just don't seem worth it
Even though we have so much on the line
Family keeps tellin' me, it'll be okay one day
But it just don't seem right no
Do you remember?"

You will feel her pain....

In other music news...

photo rhfrvervr45vv.png  

Cheif Keef has been dropped by Interscope.  He confirmed the news via Twitter by posting a text conversation he had with a friend.

photo fffdf.png

We guess Jimmy Iovine and the higher ups at Interscope don't mind a thug on wax, but a real thug who can't stay out of jail is just a liability.  He's been written off...

Photo via Chief Keef's Instagram

Kerry Washington, GuGu Mbatha-Raw, Tessa Thompson & More Get FAB For The ELLE Women In Hollywood Awards

photo kerrygugu_zps5af1cb25.jpg

Both Kerry Washington & GuGu Mbatha-Raw showed up to last night's ELLE Women In Hollywood Awards rocking hot Calvin Klein Collection looks.  Check out the ladies inside, plus who else was there for the fab occasion...

photo KerryWashingtonELLE21stAnnualWomenHollywoodL9BBbleGiLDl_zps68123781.jpg

Well, hello there beautiful!  Kerry Washington didn't disappoint at last night's big event in Hollywood: ELLE's 21st Annual Women In Hollywood Awards show.  The "Scandal" star showed up at the Four Seasons hotel with her hair tied back rocking a sexy Calvin Klein Collection side-zip dress.

, photo KerryWashingtonELLE21stAnnualWomenHollywood6XwvD3jtTeml_zps2035157d.jpg

photo KerryWashingtonELLE21stAnnualWomenHollywoodJFGHh8tozlml_zps7faa0fbe.jpg

Hot.

photo KerryWashingtonELLE21stAnnualWomenHollywoodgqjNijrnQaGl_zpsa544fcdc.jpg

photo ELLE21stAnnualWomenHollywoodCelebrationDh661w7e-DIl_zpsb0a9770e.jpg

She caught up with her "Scandal" co-stars Katie Lowes and Bellamy Young, who rocked a fab Talbot Runhof dress that we're loving.  P.S.  Mr. President--aka Tony Goldwyn--was also in attendance.

photo ELLE21stAnnualWomenHollywoodCelebrationyWvIzeHEmCxl_zpsdac5d426.jpg

And Kerry posed it up with fab Dear White People star Tessa Thompson.

photo ELLE21stAnnualWomenHollywoodArrivalsdio-de8FEUMl_zpsf113f736.jpg

One of the honorees of the night, GuGu Mbatha-Raw, showed u in a light coral knit dress by Calvin Klein that perfect for the occasion:

photo GuguMbathaRawELLE21stAnnualWomenHollywoodT3iTShepgEJl_zps61c1b20e.jpg

photo GuguMbathaRawELLE21stAnnualWomenHollywoodmXQ-Jt8XhEOl_zps6e8f326b.jpg

The Belle star and Beyond The Lights star looked gorgeous as always.

photo GuguMbathaRawELLE21stAnnualWomenHollywood2DNVLOTDl-Ul_zps9d1e5a48.jpg     

She posed it up with her fellow Women In Hollywood honorees like Jennifer Garner and more.

photo AshleyMadekweELLE21stAnnualWomenHollywoodAiDqI7Aj_kPl_zps2ee4c121.jpg  

And "Revenge" star Ashley Madekwe rocked an LBD with a gold pop from the Calvin Klein Collection for the occasion.

Photos: Getty

© 2014   Created by The Fam.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service